Hi everyone! It’s been a while since I last posted here. I’ve been trying to write something new but I just can’t concentrate because these past few days have been really hard on me. Many things have happened. However, I’m back so it means that everything’s okay now.
So today, I will be sharing my favourite quotations from the book that I’ve read a couple of months ago. Perhaps, you are already familiar with Colleen Hoover so no need for me to give an introduction about her. I actually have read six of her books and all were really amazing but It Ends With Us is my favourite so far. This is not your typical romance read because the twist in the story is unexpected and thrilling.
Anyway, I have been listing down these quotes when I was still reading the book. As I’ve said in my previous post that I love collecting good quotes that inspires me because it is something I know that I can read whenever I need it. So today, I decided to share with all of you- hoping that these quotes from “It Ends With Us” will inspire you as well.
1. “All humans make mistakes. What determines a person’s character aren’t the mistakes we make. It’s how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses.”
2. “I feel like everyone fakes who they really are, when deep down we’re all equal amounts of screwed up. Some of us are just better at hiding it than others.”
3. “No one is exclusively bad, nor is anyone exclusively good. Some are just forced to work harder at suppressing the bad.”
4. “I think that’s one of the biggest signs a person has matured—knowing how to appreciate things that matter to others, even if they don’t matter very much to you.”
5. “Preventing your heart from forgiving someone you love is actually a hell of a lot harder than simply forgiving them.”
6. “Sometimes, even grown women need their mother’s comfort so we can just take a break from having to be strong all the time.”
7. “It’s not a person’s actions that hurt the most. It’s the love. If there was no love attached to the action, the pain would be a little easier to bear.”
8. “Life is a funny thing. We only get so many years to live it, so we have to do everything we can to make sure those years are as full as they can be. We shouldn’t waste time on things that might happen someday, or maybe even never.”
9. “My heart is pounding like it wants out. I wish I could give it a way out. I’d set the mother-fucker free right now if I could.”
10. “In the future, if by some miracle you ever find yourself in the position to fall in love again . . . fall in love with me.”
11. “I don’t know how he calmed me down without even talking, but he did. Some people just have a calming presence about them and he’s one of those people.”
12. “We are all just people who sometimes do bad things.”
13. “There have been times I’ve wondered if I could ever allow myself to trust a guy. For the most part, I hate men because the only example I have is my father. But spending all this time with Atlas is changing me. Not in a huge way, I don’t think. I still distrust most people. But Atlas is changing me enough to believe that maybe he’s an exception to the norm.”
14. “And when you love someone, seeing them sad also makes you sad.”
15. “I think about how sometimes, no matter how convinced you are that your life will turn out a certain way, all that certainty can be washed away with a simple change in tide. ”
How about you? What are your favorite quotes from Hoover that are not listed here? Let me know by commenting below. Thank you for reading.